As a manager, you may want to infuse your team with some extra motivation to reach a specific milestone. One of the best ways to do that is with some friendly competition! If you have admin permissions in Hoopla, you have the ability to initiate a Race challenge, based on your existing Leaderboard configurations. Here's how!
How to Initiate a Race
- In the admin panel, go to Configure > Challenges > Race.
- Click Initiate on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select which Leaderboard will "host" the Race. The Race score will be calculated based on the primary ranking Metric of the Leaderboard you choose. To start a race for players, choose a Player Leaderboard. For a Team Race, choose a Team Leaderboard. The Leaderboard must contain at least two players or teams.
- Select the participants of this race. You may select all participants on the Leaderboard, or a select set of participants.
- Set the Start date and time for your Race. Once the Race has started, all participants start at a zero value and we will calculate the score based on the Primary Metric.
- Set the Target value for your Race. This value should be related to your primary Metric and determines the criteria for winning a Race (e.g. Set the Target Value at 100, for the Metric "Calls Today" if you want to challenge your team to make at least 100 calls)
- You can optionally set an end time and date for your Race. This will ensure that your Race ends, even if none of the participants reaches the defined Target Value.
- Click Initiate when you're done.
- If this Leaderboard is part of your Channel Lineup, you'll see the Race announcement on TV!
Delete or Edit a Race
Within the Race tile, you will see a list of all Active and Scheduled Races. Toggle between All/Active/Future in the top right hand corner to narrow down your view.
To edit or cancel a particular Race click into the Race challenge you wish to make changes to.
- If this Race is scheduled for a future date/time, you may edit the Target Value, the start time/date and the optional end time/date. Click Save.
- If this Race is active, you may only edit the Target Value and the optional end time/date. Click Save.
- You may cancel Active or Future Races by clicking the Cancel Race button.
What Race events are shown on TV?
If the host Leaderboard is included in your Channel Lineup, the following Race events will be broadcast on that Channel:
- Race Start
- Race End - the winner will be announced, along with the final score.
If two or more people reach the Target Value at the same time, the Race will go into Sudden Death. Whoever exceeds the Target Value first, wins the Race challenge! If no one breaks the tie after 24 hours, the Race will officially end in a tie.