As a manager, you may want to infuse your team with some extra motivation over a certain period of time. One of the best ways to do that is with some friendly competition! If you have admin permissions in Hoopla, you have the ability to initiate single-elimination, seeded challenges between Players and Teams, based on your existing Leaderboard configurations. Here's how!
How to Initiate a Tournament
- In the admin panel, go to Configure > Challenges > Tournaments.
- Click Initiate on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select which Leaderboard should "host" the Tournament. The Tournament score will be calculated based on the primary ranking Metric of the Leaderboard you choose. To start a tournament for players, choose a Player Leaderboard. For a Team Tournament, choose a Team Leaderboard. The Leaderboard must contain at least four players or teams.
Select Tournament participants
You may select either all players on the Leaderboard, or some of the players. Either way, there is a maximum of 64 players and a minimum of four. If the Leaderboard contains more than 64, choosing all will select the top ranked 64.
Edit your Tournament Bracket
- We will pre-populate tournament brackets based on the seeded modal (i.e. top ranked player can play the bottom ranked player, etc.)
- If you want to adjust the participant match-ups, click into the dropdown menu next to the participant name to change the participant.
- Byes: If the number of your participants is not a power of 2 (4, 8, 16, 32, 64), byes will be awarded to the top ranked participants, such that they automatically advance to the next round.
Schedule your Tournament
- Select a time zone for your Tournament challenge (we will default to your browser timezone).
- Schedule a start/end date/time for each round.
- Rounds must be a minimum of 5 minutes long, and the interval between each round must be a minimum of 5 minutes.
If a round ends in a tie, you may specify which participant should advance to the next round. Select either:
- Advance the player with the higher rank on the Leaderboard or
- Advance the player with the greater rank improvement on the Leaderboard
Finalizing the Tournament
Click initiate when you are done. If this Leaderboard is part of your Channel Lineup, you will see the Tournament on TV when the round begins. Participants will see Tournament details on their activity feed.
Delete or Edit a Tournament
Within the Tournaments tile, you will see a list of all Active and Scheduled Tournaments. Toggle between All/Active/Future in the tope right hand corner to narrow down your view.
To edit or cancel a particular Tournament, click into the Tournament you wish to make changes to.
- If this Tournament is scheduled for a future date/time, you may edit the start/end time/date. Click Save.
- If the Tournament is active, you may only edit the current round end time and any future round start/end times. Click Save.
- You may cancel Active or Future Tournaments by clicking the Cancel button.