A Hoopla TV Channel is where you organize your Leaderboards, Newsflashes, and other content to make it broadcast-ready. You may want to create a unique Channel for each office or each role, or create one Channel for your whole company - it's up to you!
If you have a set of steps that you'd like to broadcast across multiple channels, consider creating a Reusable Segment first.
Configuring a Channel
- In the Configure tab, click Channels under Channels and TV in the left nav. Alternatively, click the Channels and TV tile and then Channels tile.
- Click Add.
- Give your Channel a name. This will not appear anywhere outside the admin view.
- Optionally, add Watchers for the Channel. People and teams added as Watchers will be able to view the Channel from the Watch Channels tab when logged in to Hoopla.
- Start with adding steps or segments to the Default lineup. The added steps and segments will repeat in a loop on your TV, based on the order you've specified. Simply drag steps and segments from Available Steps and Available Segments over to Default lineup.
- The Newsflash tile works differently. Adding a Newsflash to your Channel means your Lineup will be briefly interrupted when players trigger Newsflashes. Don't worry - the Lineup continues after a Newsflash is done playing!
- For each step in your Default lineup, configure its details in the right-hand column, such as the Title and Message of a Message step.
- You can reorder the items in your lineup at any time. Just click and drag them into position. Note that Newsflashes will always stay at the top since they don't have a fixed place in the lineup.
- Once you're done with your Default lineup, you can configure the ticker that scrolls across the bottom of your TV Channel. Click the Ticker tab and drag one or more Twitter or RSS item over to the middle column Selected. The order in Selected determines the order in which they display on the TV.
- For each ticker item, configure its details.
- Finally, click Save.
Hot Tip: You can trick-out your Channel by uploading your own Custom Content!