Generic Metric Newsflashes help you celebrate important milestones within your company, for Metrics that don't necessarily relate to one Player or Team. For example, you may want a Newsflash to trigger when your website traffic increases by 10% compared to last month, or when you hire your 500th team member.
Configuring a Generic Metric Newsflash
- In the Configure tab, click Metric Newsflashes under Newsflashes in the left nav. Alternatively, click the Newsflashes tile and then Metric Newsflashes tile.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for your Newsflash. This name will appear throughout the app (TV, web, and mobile) when the Newsflash is triggered.
- Select the Metric that will trigger the Newsflash. You should select a Metric that contains Generic Identifier values.
- Select "Generic Identifier" as your Value Type, since you want to trigger this Newsflash when one or more Generic values meet your trigger criteria, i.e., not User or Team values.
- Set your Trigger Criteria to specify when the Newsflash should be triggered.
- Enter a default message. This will appear throughout the app (TV, web, and mobile), when the Newsflash is triggered.
- Decide who you want to give Repost permissions to: only admins or all players and watchers. This determines who is allowed to repost a Newsflash that has fired.
- Select the Generic Identifiers that will cause this Newsflash to be triggered.
- Optionally, select Watchers. The people selected here will be able to view triggered Newsflashes in their Activity tab in the web and mobile apps.
- Click Save.