Reusable Segments allow you to centrally manage content intended to be broadcast across multiple channels. A Segment is a set of broadcast-ready steps that can be popped into as many channels as you like. There is no limit to the number of Segments you can configure and they can be used in both the Default & Scheduled Lineups.
Check out our different Lineup components.
Watch how to create and use Segments:
Configuring a Segment
- In the Configure tab, click Segments under Channels and TV in the left nav. Alternatively, click the Channels and TV tile and then Segments tile.
- Click Add.
- Give your Segment a name.
- Select from the available steps in the left-most column, and drag all applicable steps you want in to the Segment Lineup (middle column).
- Configure the display details of each step in the right-most column.
- You can reorder the items in your Segment Lineup at any time. Just click and drag them into position.
- Click Save.
Adding a Segment to a Channel
- Go back into the Channels tab.
- Click on the Channel(s) where you wish to see your Segment.
- In the left-most column, click into the Available Segments subtab.
- Drag the applicable segment(s) and drop it into your Default and/or Scheduled lineup.
- If you want to use a Segment in your Scheduled Lineup, you will need to configure the scheduling details in the right-hand column.
Editing vs. Unlinking a Segment:
While a segment is linked, any changes made to the original will apply any time the segment is being used in a channel. The segment's lineup cannot be changed from within channel details. If you wish you make edits to your Segments, you must go back into the Segment tab to make those changes. Unlinking a Segment will allow you to make changes to the Segment details in the Channel configuration, but doing so permanently unlinks it from it's parent segment in the Segments tab.
Check out this article for best practices on using Segments.