TV Display activation gives Hoopla Admins the ability to control Hoopla TV Channels remotely with the click of a button. It also provides security for your Hoopla TV Channels and enables authorized TVs, determined by the Admin, to play a Hoopla TV Channel.
We recommend you use a Hoopla TV Kit for best performance, but we also support a few hardware configurations including a Windows PC, Macintosh, or Chromebook with 4 gigs of RAM. Check our supported hardware devices.
Step 1: Setting up your Device on the TV
- Make sure that the device is connected to the proper port on the TV and both are powered on.
- If you have a Hoopla TV Kit, you will see the below activation screen displayed. On other laptops, open a Chrome browser window and enter tv.hoopla.net in the address bar to get to the activation screen.
- Take note of the unique activation code shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Leave activation screen up on the TV and go to the computer you use to access Hoopla.
Step 2: Activating your Device within Hoopla
- From the computer you normally use to access Hoopla. Use the URL provided: hoopla.net/activate, or navigate to Configure > Channels and TV > TV Displays and click Activate.
- Enter the activation code provided and name your display. Best Practice: TV Display names should be named based on location so the TVs are more easily identified.
- After your TV display has been named, click Submit.
- Use the dropdown to choose the channel you want to broadcast on the TV and click Save.
If you're using a laptop as your device, be sure adjust your Chrome browser settings:
- In the Chrome toolbar, click View > Enter Presentation Mode to go full-screen.
- Ensure that the computer's settings are adjusted to avoid the computer or display from going to sleep.
- To ensure audio plays, you will have to whitelist Hoopla in the Chrome Sound Settings. Instructions for whitelisting can be found in the Audio Troubleshooting article.
View TV Display Status in Hoopla
In Configuration > TV Displays, you can see at a glance which displays are streaming their assigned Channel.
- A green animated icon indicates an actively-streaming Channel
- No icon will be present for devices without an assigned Channel
- A gray icon indicates that the assigned Channel is not streaming