TV Display activation gives Hoopla Admins the ability to control Hoopla TV Channels remotely with the click of a button. It also provides security for your Hoopla TV Channels and enables authorized TVs - determined by the Admin - to play a Hoopla TV Channel.
We recommend you use a Hoopla TV Kit for best performance, but we also support a few hardware configurations including a Windows PC, Macintosh, or Chromebook with 4 gigs of RAM. Check our supported hardware devices.
Initiate TV Display Activation on Device
- Make sure that the device is connected to the proper port on the TV and both are powered on.
- If you have a Hoopla TV Kit, you will see the below activation screen displayed. On other laptops, open a Chrome browser window and enter tv.hoopla.net in the address bar to get to the activation screen.
- Take note of the unique activation code shown at the bottom of the screen.
Finish TV Display Activation within Hoopla
- Use the URL provided: hoopla.net/activate, or navigate to Configure | Channels and TV | TV Displays and click Activate.
Note: This step can be done from a different computer.
- Enter the activation code provided and name your display.
- After your TV display has been named, click Submit.
- A message will appear, confirming your TV is activated and ready to display a Channel.
If you're using a laptop, be sure adjust your Chrome browser settings:
- In the Chrome toolbar, click View > Enter Presentation Mode to go full-screen.
- Ensure that the computer's settings are adjusted to avoid the computer or display from going to sleep.
Assign TV Display to a Channel
Now that your TV Display is activated, the final step is to select which Channel should play on the device. Whenever that device accesses tv.hoopla.net, it will play the assigned Channel.
- In the Hoopla Admin UI, navigate to Configure | Channels and TV | TV Displays.
- Select your TV device.
- Select the Hoopla Channel that you would like to broadcast, and save.
View TV Display Status
In Configuration > TV Displays, you can see at a glance which displays are streaming their assigned Channel.
- A green animated icon indicates an actively-streaming Channel
- A gray icon indicates that the assigned Channel is not streaming
- No icon will be present for devices without an assigned Channel