TV Display activation gives Hoopla Admins the ability to control Hoopla TV Channels remotely with the click of a button. It also provides security for your Hoopla TV Channels and enables authorized TVs, determined by the Admin, to play a Hoopla TV Channel.
We recommend you use a Hoopla TV Kit for best performance, but we also support a few hardware configurations including a Windows PC, Macintosh, or Chromebook with 4 gigs of RAM. Check our supported hardware devices.
Step 1: Setting up your Device
- Make sure that the device is connected to the proper port on the TV and both are powered on.
- If you have a Hoopla TV Kit, you will see the below activation screen displayed. On other laptops, open a Chrome browser window and enter tv.hoopla.net in the address bar to get to the activation screen.
- Take note of the unique activation code shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Leave activation screen up on the TV and go to the computer you use to access Hoopla.
Step 2: Activating your Device
- From the computer you normally use to access Hoopla. Use the URL provided: hoopla.net/activate, or navigate to Configure > Channels and TV > TV Displays and click Activate.
- Enter the activation code provided and name your display. Best Practice: TV Display names should be named based on location so the TVs are more easily identified.
- After your TV display has been named, click Submit.
- Use the dropdown to choose the channel you want to broadcast on the TV and click Save.
If you're using a laptop as your device, be sure adjust your Chrome browser settings:
- In the Chrome toolbar, click View > Enter Presentation Mode to go full-screen.
- Ensure that the computer's settings are adjusted to avoid the computer or display from going to sleep.
- Whitelist Hoopla in the Chrome Sound Settings. Instructions for whitelisting can be found in the Audio Troubleshooting article.
View TV Display Status
In Configuration > TV Displays, you can see at a glance which displays are streaming their assigned Channel.
- A green animated icon indicates an actively-streaming Channel
- A gray icon indicates that the assigned Channel is not streaming
- No icon will be present for devices without an assigned Channel