Hoopla's bi-directional Slack connector allows you to post messages and update Metric values to Hoopla Channels from Slack and also gives you the ability to push notifications from Hoopla to Slack channels.
Use the Slack to Hoopla Channels integration to create Slack Newsflashes on-the-fly and track how many times your reps congratulate each other. You can also set up Slack Patterns that can trigger Newsflashes and Metric updates automatically.
Use the Hoopla to Slack channel integration to post important notifications, such as Newsflashes and Challenges, to keep everyone informed and motivated anywhere they are using Slack.
*Note: You must have an active Slack account configured in order to use this integration.
Want to watch a video? The full "How to" video, including setting up notifications, is located here.
Authenticating the Slack Integration
- In Configure>Integrations, click on Add Integration menu in the upper right corner, and select Slack.
- Click on the Slack tile that was just added to the Integrations page.
- Click Authenticate with OAuth to connect to your Slack team.
- Select the Slack team that you want to use with Hoopla.
- Click Authorize* to allow Hoopla to integrate with your Slack team.
- Once authenticated, you can edit the default Slack Newsflash configuration, add a new one, or start pushing Hoopla notifications to Slack.
*Slack Permissions: You will need to be a Slack Workplace Admin to have permissions to authenticate the Hoopla app in Slack. If you do not, you will be able to go through the process, but your Slack Workplace Admin(s) will receive an email to accept the integration. You may want to contact your primary Slack Admin before setting this up to alert them to the integration app email. Here is more information about the app: https://hoopla-net.slack.com/apps/A1KECFX89-hoopla
Note: The default Slack Newsflash is enabled for all Slack members and all Slack channels, meaning that anyone who types the "/hoopla" command will be able to trigger a Newsflash.