Hoopla's Slack connector allows you to post messages to Hoopla TV Channels, and even update Metric values, right within Slack. Use this integration to create Newsflashes on-the-fly to announce someone's birthday, congratulate someone on an achievement, remind your team to update their forecasts, and track how many times your reps congratulate each other. You can also set up Slack Patterns that can trigger Newsflashes and Metric updates automatically.
*Note: You must have an active Slack account configured in order to use this integration.
Authenticating the Slack Integration
- In Configure>Integrations, click on Add Integration menu in the upper right corner, and select Slack.
- Click on the Slack tile that was just added to the Integrations page.
- Click Authenticate with OAuth to connect to your Slack team.
- Select the Slack team that you want to use with Hoopla.
- Click Authorize to allow Hoopla to integrate with your Slack team.
- Once authenticated, you can edit the default Slack Newsflash configuration, or add a new one.
Note: The default Slack Newsflash is enabled for all Slack members and all Slack channels, meaning that anyone who types the "/hoopla" command will be able to trigger a Newsflash.