If you’re looking to track Team goal attainment or Team metrics in general, this article explains how to achieve that through our Google connector.
You have the option of configuring Hoopla to sync Team Membership information for each user who appears in the Hoopla Mapped sheet tab in your Google Sheet. In a separate sheet tab, you can use that Team Membership information to calculate Team Metric values based on Player values that you already have in Hoopla. Once you have Team Metric values, you can map them back into Hoopla and use them on Leaderboards!
How to Enable Team Membership Syncing
- Go to Configure>Integrations>Google Sheets and either add a new Google Sheet mapping or edit your existing one.
- Under the Hoopla → Google mappings section, there is a link to "Show team membership syncing". Click the link to reveal the setting.
- Toggle the switch to "ON" if you want to start syncing team membership to your spreadsheet.
- Click OK and Save.
(For help mapping Metrics, check out these articles on mapping from Hoopla → Google, and from Google → Hoopla.)
How Team Membership Syncing Works
Each time Hoopla syncs with your Google Sheet, each user’s Team Membership will update along with any updated Metric values that you’re syncing to the Hoopla Mapped sheet tab. The column called “Team Membership” will always show the list of current Teams that the user belongs to. The Team names are separated by the “|” character so that you can reliably calculate Team Metric values on other sheet tabs within your spreadsheet.
How to Calculate Team Metric Values
Once Team Membership information is synced within the Hoopla Mapped tab, you can use our Google Sheets add-on called Hoopla Helper to quickly aggregate Team values.
- Enable our Hoopla Helper add-on in your Google Sheets account. Here's the link.
- In your Google Sheet, navigate to Add-ons > Hoopla Helper > Set up a Team Calculations sheet.
- Select the Metric columns that you wish to aggregate for one or more Teams.
- Choose how to aggregate those columns (sum, average, count), then click "Create Sheet".
- The Add-on will create a sheet called "Team Calculations" and auto-populate the sheet with Team values based on the Metrics you selected in step 3.
- The Team membership information present in the "Hoopla Mapped" sheet tab determines the Teams listed in the "Team Name" column.
- You may want to rename some of the Metrics in the "Team Calculations" sheet tab, depending on the aggregation function you used.
- Once your Team Metric values are calculated, you can map the desired columns back to Hoopla Metrics in the Google → Hoopla section of your mappings in Hoopla.
(Configuration > Google Sheets > edit mappings.)
Note: This add-on will not work with spreadsheets set to a German locale.