Hoopla’s Excel Online integration enables you to export data from Hoopla to Excel Online, and import data from Excel Online to Hoopla. In an Excel spreadsheet, you can perform calculations on your Metric data, producing more complex metrics that can then be pushed back into Hoopla. You do not have to map data in both directions, if you don't want to.
How to Set up Mappings from Hoopla to Excel Online
Under Configure go to Integrations and click on Excel Online Integrations.
Click Add and search for the Excel Workbook to which you want to export Hoopla Metric data. Click on the workbook and click Next
Hoopla will only send Metric data to a Sheet Tab named "Hoopla Mapped". If that Sheet Tab does not exist in your spreadsheet, click the button that says Create "Hoopla Mapped". Otherwise, Hoopla will detect it, and you can start mapping!
- From the Metric dropdown menu, select a Metric that you wish to send to the "Hoopla Mapped" tab.
- Select the column to which the Metric data in Hoopla will be mapped in your spreadsheet.
- Select what type of data is being mapped: User (email addresses), Team (Team Name) or Generic Identifier.
- Click the + icon to add additional metrics.
Note: Scroll to the bottom to schedule how often you want Hoopla to sync with this Excel spreadsheet. By default it is every 15 minutes.
5. Click OK, then Save on the main page.
How does the "Hoopla Mapped" Sheet Tab work?
Within one Excel spreadsheet, Hoopla only sends Metric data to one Sheet Tab, called "Hoopla Mapped".
When you set up a new Excel Online mapping in Hoopla, you have the option of creating the "Hoopla Mapped" tab; no need to create it ahead of time.
- "Hoopla Mapped" must always contain an "Email" OR "Team Name" column. This is how Hoopla identifies users or Hoopla teams (team names must match what is shown in Hoopla).
- The remaining columns may contain Metric data, manually entered data, or formulas. It will depend on what you're trying to accomplish!
- You can map manually entered data or formula results back to Hoopla if you wish.
Example of a "Hoopla Mapped" Sheet Tab for users:
Example of a "Hoopla Mapped" Sheet Tab for Teams:
Team 1 - East
Team 2 - Central
Team 3 - West
You can have other Sheet Tabs in your spreadsheet. With those other Sheet Tabs, you can map from Excel Online → Hoopla, but not from Hoopla → Excel Online.
Remember: Only the “Hoopla Mapped” tab can receive data from Hoopla.
What are the Rules for Mappings?
- Within a given Excel Online spreadsheet, you can only map Hoopla Metric data to the Sheet Tab called "Hoopla Mapped".
- You must have a column called "Email" that contains Hoopla user email addresses, "Team Name" that match Hoopla team names, OR "Generic Identifier" depending upon the Sheet Tab type.
- You cannot map two or more Metrics to the same column.
- You can map one Metric to two columns.
- You cannot have two columns with the same name.
- You cannot create "loops" by mapping the same Metric and Column in both directions. In other words, you cannot map Metric 1 → Column A, then map Column A → Metric 1.