Hoopla’s Excel Online integration enables you to export data from Hoopla to Excel Online, and import data from Excel Online to Hoopla. In an Excel spreadsheet, you can perform calculations on your Metric data, producing more complex Metrics that can then be pushed back into Hoopla. You do not have to map data in both directions, if you don't want to.
How to Set up Mappings from Hoopla to Excel Online
- In Configuration, click on the Excel Online tile.
- Under Excel Online, click Add.
- Select the Excel spreadsheet to which you want to export Hoopla Metric data.
- Hoopla will only send Metric data to a Sheet Tab named "Hoopla Mapped". If that Sheet Tab does not exist in your spreadsheet, click the button that says Create "Hoopla Mapped". Otherwise, Hoopla will detect it, and you can start mapping!
- Select a Metric that you wish to send to "Hoopla Mapped", then designate the Column to which the Metric data will be exported.
- Repeat previous step for all the Metrics you want to send to this spreadsheet.
- Using the dropdown menu at the bottom of the modal, schedule how often you want Hoopla to sync with this Excel spreadsheet.
- Click OK, then Save.
How does the "Hoopla Mapped" Sheet Tab work?
Within one Excel spreadsheet, Hoopla only sends Metric data to one Sheet Tab, called "Hoopla Mapped".
When you set up a new Excel Online mapping in Hoopla, you have the option of creating the "Hoopla Mapped" tab; no need to create it ahead of time.
- "Hoopla Mapped" must always contain an "Email" column. This is how Hoopla identifies users.
- The remaining columns may contain Metric data, manually entered data, or formulas. It will depend on what you're trying to accomplish!
- You can map manually entered data or formula results back to Hoopla if you wish.
Example of a "Hoopla Mapped" Sheet Tab:
You can absolutely have other Sheet Tabs in your spreadsheet. With those other Sheet Tabs, you can map from Excel Online → Hoopla, but not from Hoopla → Excel Online.
Remember: Only the “Hoopla Mapped” tab can receive data from Hoopla.
What are the Rules for Mappings?
- Within a given Excel Online spreadsheet, you can only map Hoopla Metric data to the Sheet Tab called "Hoopla Mapped".
- You must have a Column called "Email" that contains Hoopla user email addresses.
- You cannot map two or more Metrics to the same column.
- You can map one Metric to two columns.
- You cannot create "loops" by mapping the same Metric and Column in both directions. In other words, you cannot map Metric 1 → Column A, then map Column A → Metric 1.