To help automate Metric updates, you can map data from an Excel Online spreadsheet into Metrics that are defined in Hoopla. As the data in the spreadsheet changes, Hoopla will update Metric data accordingly.
How to Set Up Mappings from Excel to Hoopla
- In Configuration, click on the Excel Online tile.
- Under Metric Sources, click Add.
- Select the Excel spreadsheet from which you want to pull data. In each tab that you want to map, you must have a Column called “Email” that contains your Hoopla users’ email addresses.
- Start mapping your Columns to Hoopla Metrics. Select the Column in Excel, and select the Metric to map the Column to.
- Schedule how frequently Hoopla should sync with this Excel spreadsheet.
- Click OK, then Save.
Format your Excel Spreadsheet
Your Excel spreadsheet must contain summarized information, grouped by user email addresses. There must be a Column called “Email”, and the remaining Columns should contain Metric values for each user. An example:
What are the Rules for Mappings?
- Hoopla will only update data for rows that contain a valid email address for users who exist in Hoopla. In other words, if Hoopla doesn’t recognize the email, the row is ignored.
- Within a given Sheet Tab, you cannot map multiple Columns to one Metric.
- You can map multiple Columns to one Metric as long as those Columns come from different Sheet Tabs.
- You can map one Column to multiple Metrics.
- You cannot create "loops" by mapping the same Metric and Column in both directions. In other words, you cannot map Metric 1 → Column A, then map Column A → Metric 1.