Want to use Slack Patterns for Hoopla, but unsure where to start? Here are some ideas!
Newsflash Slack Patterns
Trigger a Newsflash any time your team pats each other on the back. Set your Simple Pattern to Congrats or Way to go (or any other words your team uses) and select which Slack channel to track them on.
Tip: Select the channel where these announcements appear (such as #salesteam if you want to track how many times your sales team congratulates each other)
Whether it’s an all-hands meeting or birthday cake in the kitchen, time-sensitive announcements aren't always seen right away. Set up a Newsflash to fire any time you want your office to be made aware of news right away.
Set your Simple Pattern to Meeting starts now or Birthday cake in the kitchen (or any other words your team uses) and select which Slack channel to track them on.
Share Department News
Help your individual departments share their latest wins to the entire office by firing a Newsflash with the latest department news.
- Product Team - To announce the release of new features, set your Simple Pattern to Prod Release or New Features and select the appropriate Slack channel, OR set up a Regular Expression [Ss]print\s+\d+.*Production to announce the latest Sprint in Production.
- Sales - To announce new deals, set set your Simple Pattern to Closed New Deal or Closed Won and select the appropriate Slack channel.
- Marketing - Keep up with the latest blog post by setting your Simple Pattern to Blog or Blog Post and select the appropriate Slack channel.
Metric Updates Slack Patterns
Track Updates from other Bots
Track the number of New Relic Alerts or Support tickets that are coming into your channel.
- Set your Simple Pattern to Alert or Zendesk visitor.
- Configure your Pattern to increase a Generic Metric, like Monthly Alerts, by "1".
Track Sales team KPIs
You can update Sales team KPIs that you track with Metrics.
- Select Show advanced settings to have your Hoopla bot track a Regular Expression
- Set up your Regular Expression to track any time a team member announces they closed a deal, such as closed.*\$(?<amount>[\d,.]+). This will match if team member announces "I just closed ABC Corp for $5,000" in Slack.
- Configure your Pattern to increase your Team Metric, such as Team ARR, by the amount in your capture group.