Once you have populated your users' Birthdays & Anniversaries into their Profiles, you can go ahead and add the Calendar Events step to your Channel or Segment Lineup.
- In the Configure tab, navigate to the Channel or Segment that you wish to add the Calendar Event to.
- In Available Steps, scroll down to the Calendar Event step and drag it into your lineup.
- Give the step a name, which will appear on the TV as a title.
- Select the Event type - Birthdays, Anniversaries or New Hires. If you want to display all options, simply drag the step into the lineup once for each event type.
- Determine whether you want to display all users or a specific team on your channel.
- Select a Timeframe. See the section below on the options.
- We have pre-selected a number of celebratory backgrounds for this step type, but you may upload custom contain or select some other options from our stock library.
Calendar Event Timeframes
- Events Today will display all the events that take place on that day, throughout the day in your lineup.
- Events This Week will display all the events that take place during that week, throughout the week in your lineup. Week is defined as being Monday through Sunday.
- Events This Month will display all the events that take place that month, throughout the month in your lineup.
- We will only display this step on the days, weeks or months that contain a calendar event. If your Birthdays or Anniversaries do not happen during the timeframe, we will simply skip over this step when displaying your segment or channel lineup.
- This is only valid for Hoopla users; if you want to display calendars for other employees, they must be added into Hoopla to be displayed on this step type.