Streaming Newsflashes can be triggered on any Custom object and many of the Standard objects in Salesforce. (Learn about which objects are supported here.) Whenever the criteria is met, a celebration, gong, or breaking news can be broadcast on Hoopla TV channels.
Streaming Newsflashes are meant to celebrate specific events based on Salesforce records, whereas Metric Newsflashes are geared toward celebrating milestone events such as a daily call goal or monthly revenue quota.
Streaming Newsflashes can also display contextual information from the record that triggered the Newsflash; e.g., "Opportunity Name" and "Amount".
Check your Salesforce Permissions
Make sure the user who authorized Hoopla's connection to Salesforce has Read, Create, Edit, and Delete permissions on the "Push Topic" object, as well as the "Author Apex" permission. To do so, make sure your Salesforce Admin has edited these permissions in "Profiles" under "Administrative Setup." If the permissions have not been setup properly, you will see an error message "Authorized User does not have permissions to manage push topics" when you try to create a Streaming Newsflash.
Map your Master User Report
Go to the Salesforce Integration section on the left navigation bar. You will need to map your master User report to Hoopla before the Report Wizard section is available.
Select "Create a Streaming Newsflash"
- Select the Salesforce Object on which this Newsflash should be based.
- Give the Newsflash a name.
- Select the User Field that will determine who is recognized during the Newsflash. This dropdown is populated with the standard and custom User look-up fields that live on your selected Salesforce Object. Please note this field must be a User look-up and not a text field with the user name.
- Decide who you want to give Repost permissions to: only admins or all players and watchers. This determines who is allowed to repost a Newsflash that has fired.
- Under Evaluation Criteria, select when this Newsflash should be evaluated.
- In the Trigger Criteria section, add the criteria that will determine whether the Newsflash is triggered. See section below on trigger criteria.
- Add the Players who are eligible to be recognized with this Newsflash. Only Salesforce-provisioned Users can trigger a Newsflash. Add Watchers if there are other users who would like to be notified.
- Customize the Title and Message that will be displayed on Hoopla TV during a Newsflash. See section below on Merge Fields.
- Next, select any Channels or Segments to add your Newsflash to (this is not required) and Create Streaming Newsflash.
- You can now go to the Channel (s) to make any changes to the display settings of this Newsflash.
Trigger Criteria Notes
- Each criterion is based on a standard or custom field on the selected Salesforce object. Related objects are not supported for Newsflashes.
- You can select multiple field values for picklist fields.
- If you're using the "contains" or "starts with" operators with a picklist field, Hoopla will match the field values from Salesforce, rather than the field labels.
Merge Field Notes
When customizing the Title and Message that will be displayed on Hoopla TV during a Newsflash:
- You can use Merge Fields to populate the Title and Message with information from the Salesforce record.
- Use the Merge Field "Hoopla Player Name" to add the triggering User's name.