By adding users this way, they will login to Hoopla using their Salesforce credentials via Single Sign-On (SSO).
Create a User Report in Salesforce
- In the Salesforce Report Builder, create a new report based on the User object.
- Ensure the format is set to “Tabular”.
- Add criteria that will return the set of users who should be added to Hoopla. Setting the report to Active Users only will automatically add and subtract users from Hoopla as you add/subtract employees or change people's roles in Salesforce.
- Only one report can be used to provision users, so make sure it includes the right people!
- Add the "Email" field and the "User ID" field as columns in the report; just click and drag each field from the left menu to the report. (You should also have First Name, Last Name, and Username as columns, by default.)
- Run the report and save it. Tip: Create a report folder in Salesforce called "Hoopla Reports" to keep things better organized.
Map the Report to Hoopla User Provisioning
- Go to the Salesforce Integration area in the Hoopla Admin panel.
- Click Select Report under User Provisioning and find the report you built.
- Hoopla will automatically check this report once per day. You can choose "Run Now" anytime to synch any changes in the report. (note: it may take a few minutes to complete)
Salesforce Profile Photos
The first time users synch with Hoopla, Salesforce profile photos will automatically be applied as the default Hoopla profile photo. Users and Admins can then customize the photo in Hoopla as desired. Any subsequent changes to Salesforce profile photos will not automatically synch over to Hoopla.
For more help on building Salesforce reports check out these resources from Salesforce:
Video from Salesforce describing how to build reports.
Salesforce Help on Report Building