While it still will be a bit of work, it is possible to change the Salesforce org that drives your Hoopla metrics, teams and newsflashes without losing all of your channels and configuration.
Items that can be preserved:
- Metrics (requires mapping reports from new org)
- Leaderboards (data will need to be remapped)
- Channels and most steps in the channel
Things that will have to be re-created:
- Streaming newsflashes
- Salesforce data tables
- User configured profile photos, videos and songs
- Birthdays and anniversary dates
Here are the steps to take:
- First, examine your existing data elements and eliminate anything you don't want to use going forward. This is a great time to clean up elements that are no longer being used. Ideally, you'll want to make sure that your current leaderboards, available channels, watchers, etc. are primarily driven from Hoopla teams. That way, by creating new team report mappings in the new org, all of your existing data elements will have the correct users assigned to them.
- All of your metric and leaderboard shells will be preserved, but streaming newsflashes and data table reports will be deleted when you make the switch. Make sure to examine and document those elements to make it easy to reproduce after setting up the new org. Its a good idea to take a screen shot of all of your settings within the Salesforce integration tab for future reference.
- Next, edit the filters in the master users report in your old Salesforce org so none of the current users show in the report. This will cause all current users to be deleted from Hoopla at the next report sync and those users will be able to be recreated from the new master report in the new Salesforce org. You can hit "run now" to force the sync since this normally only runs once per day. Note: the first run of the report will automatically grab the Salesforce user profile photo and will make that the default Hoopla user photo.
- Now, you are ready to re-authenticate your Salesforce connection by hitting the "Authenticate with Oauth" button on the Salesforce integration page. You will be warned about the ramifications of this process so be sure you are ready to proceed as this is not reversible.
- Now, you'll want to select the user provisioning report from the new Salesforce org that will serve as the master report controlling your Salesforce users in Hoopla.
- Next, select each team report in the new org and map them to the existing teams in Hoopla.
- You can now select each report from the new Salesforce org that will drive the metrics in Hoopla and map the values to the existing metrics already in Hoopla. In this case, since you already have the metrics set up in Hoopla, it is best to add the reports directly within the Metric Sources for Users or Metric Sources for Teams sections rather than using the wizards.
- Rebuild your streaming newsflashes and data tables using the wizards.
Your new Salesforce org should be now set up.