As a manager, you may want to infuse your team with some extra motivation to reach a specific milestone. One of the best ways to do that is with some friendly competition! If you have admin permissions in Hoopla, you have the ability to initiate a Battle challenge, based on your existing Leaderboard configurations. Here's how!
How to Initiate a Battle
- In the admin panel, go to Configure > Challenges > Battle.
- Click Initiate on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select which Leaderboard will "host" the Battle. The Battle score will be calculated based on the primary ranking Metric of the Leaderboard you choose. To start a race for players, choose a Player Leaderboard. For a Team Battle, choose a Team Leaderboard. The Leaderboard must contain at least two players or teams.
- Select the participants of this race. You may select all participants on the Leaderboard, or a select set of participants.
- Set the Start and End date and time for your Battle. Once the Battle has started, all participants start at a zero value and we will calculate the score based on the Primary Metric.
- Click Initiate when you're done.
- If this Leaderboard is part of your Channel Lineup, you'll see the Battle announcement on TV!
Delete or Edit a Battle
Within the Battle tile, you will see a list of all Active and Scheduled Battles. Toggle between All/Active/Future in the top right hand corner to narrow down your view.
To edit or cancel a particular Battle click into the Battle challenge you wish to make changes to.
- If this Battle is scheduled for a future date/time, you may edit the start time/date and the end time/date. Click Save.
- If this Battle is active, you may only edit the end time/date. Click Save.
- You may cancel Active or Future Races by clicking the Cancel Battle button.
What Battle events are shown on TV?
If the host Leaderboard is included in your Channel Lineup, the following Battle events will be broadcast on that Channel:
- Battle Start
- Battle End - the top three winners will be announced, along with the final score.
Winners & Tiebreakers
If two or more people have the same metric value at the end of the Battle, the Battle will go into Sudden Death. If no one breaks the tie after 24 hours, the Battle will officially end in a tie. We will display the top three winners, so in the case of a tie, there will be two first place winners and one third place winner.