Setting up Hoopla notifications within Microsoft Teams is a three step process: 1) Authenticating with Microsoft Teams, 2) Adding the Hoopla App to your Microsoft Teams channels and 3) Setting up MS Teams notifications within Hoopla.
Authenticating with Microsoft Teams (within Hoopla).
- Log into your Hoopla account and navigate to the Integrations page (Configure>Integrations).
- If you have not added MS Teams to your Integrations, select Microsoft Teams from the "Add Integration" drop down on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Under Step 1 in the MS Teams integration page, click the "Authorize" button.
- Follow the prompts to log into your Microsoft account.
- Once you've successfully authorized, you'll see a message under Step 1 (Successfully authorized by...).
- Now you can proceed to Step 2.
Adding Hoopla to your Microsoft Teams Channel
Note: You must install Hoopla in all the Microsoft Teams channels that you want to share Hoopla content with.
- Under Step 2, click on the Microsoft Teams link to navigate to your Microsoft Teams account (we recommend using the Teams app within the browser, rather than the desktop app).
- Locate the Teams channel that you want to share content with.
- Hover over the channel name and click on the three dots to reveal a dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Connectors."
- Type "Hoopla" into the search bar and click on the "Add" button when the Hoopla app appears in the search results.
- A Hoopla app popup will then appear - click a second "Add" button at the top left of the popup.
- Next, you'll see a popup prompting you to "Connect to Hoopla." Click on the "Connect to Hoopla" button. (sit tight, this might take a few seconds to load)
- If you are not logged into Hoopla, you'll be prompted to do so in the next screen.
- Once you are logged into Hoopla. you will see an authorization screen. Click on "Authorize Application" button.
- After you have successfully authorized Hoopla, you'll see a success screen. Click on the "Finish set up in Hoopla" button.
- Now you can proceed to Step 3.
Setting up MS Teams notifications within Hoopla.
- Within Hoopla, navigate to your Channels page (Configure>Channels & TV>Channels).
- Select the Channel you wish to send notifications from.
- Under the Notifications section, check the box next to Microsoft Teams.
- A popup box will appear, prompting you to set up Microsoft Teams notifications.
- Select which Microsoft Teams channel should receive notifications. Note: You'll only see the Microsoft Teams channels you have added the Hoopla app to, from Step 2.
- Select which type of notifications you wish to send, Newsflashes, Challenges or both.
- You may configure notifications for multiple Microsoft Teams channels. To do so, click the plus button next to “Enable additional Microsoft Teams channels.”
- Once you’ve configured your Microsoft Teams notifications, click the Done button at the bottom of the box.
- Finally, click Save at the top right-hand side of the Channel details page.