Want to use Slack Patterns for Hoopla, but unsure where to start? Here are some ideas!
- Trigger a Newsflash any time your team pats each other on the back
- Set your Simple Pattern to Congrats or Way to go (or any other words your team uses) and select which Slack channel to track them on*.
*Tip: Select the channel where these announcements appear (such as #salesteam if you want to track how many times your sales team congratulates each other)
- Whether it’s an all-hands meeting or birthday cake in the kitchen, time-sensitive announcements aren't always seen right away. Set up a Newsflash to fire any time you want your office to be made aware of news right away.
- Set your Simple Pattern to Meeting starts now or Birthday cake in the kitchen (or any other words your team uses) and select which Slack channel to track them on.
- Additionally, you can track time-sensitive information that is being fed into your Slack channels from other bots, like New Relic or LiveChat
- Set your Simple Pattern to Alert or New LiveChat visitor and select the appropriate Slack channel where the bot appears.
- Help your individual departments share their latest wins to the entire office by firing a Newsflash with the latest department news:
- Product Team - To announce the release of new features, set your Simple Pattern to Prod Release or New Features and select the appropriate Slack channel OR set up a Regular Expression "[Ss]print\s+\d+.*Production" to announce the latest Sprint in Production.
- HR - To announce new hires, promotions of anniversaries, set your Simple Pattern to New Hire, Promotions, or Happy Anniversary and select the appropriate Slack channel.
- Sales - To announce new deals, set set your Simple Pattern to Closed New Deal or Closed Won and select the appropriate Slack channel.
- Marketing - Keep up with the latest blog post by setting your Simple Pattern to Blog or Blog Post and select the appropriate Slack channel.
- Keep track of the number of New Relic Alerts or Support tickets that are coming into your channel
- Set your Simple Pattern to Alert or Zendesk visitor
- Configure your Pattern to increase a Generic Metric (like Monthly Alerts) by "1"
- Track Sales team KPIs
- Select "Show advanced settings" to have your Hoopla bot track a Regular Expression
- Set up your Regular Expression to track any time a team member announces they closed a deal (i.e. I just closed ABC Corp for $5,000): "closed.*\$(?<amount>[\d,.]+)"
- Configure your Pattern to increase your Team Metric (like Team ARR) by the amount in your capture group.