Want to broadcast metrics that reflect customer health and success?
- The CSM team is crucial to your company’s success. They’re on the front lines talking to customers, working with them to ensure that each customer sees value in your product. Their efforts often go unnoticed by other parts of the company, but Hoopla solves that problem by showcasing KPIs on TVs throughout your office. With Hoopla, the entire company can stay apprised of customer health at a glance.
Looking to keep your Customer Success team focused on renewals and expansion opportunities?
- Rally your team around the right metrics by displaying Leaderboards that showcase top reps for renewals and expansions. Set up a Newsflash that triggers when the team hits its target renewal rate, celebrating their efforts and encouraging them to keep pushing. Recognizing your team for the important work they’re doing will create a culture of celebration and motivate them to new heights.
Need a way to bring visibility to churn numbers and at-risk accounts?
- Churn affects the whole company, but gaps in inter-department communication can mean that churn goes unmitigated or worse - unnoticed. Hoopla can help involve the whole company by bringing visibility to the churn data and displaying a list of at-risk customers. You can even set up Newsflashes that trigger when an at-risk account is saved!
Check out this demo channel to see how Hoopla can make an impact in a Customer Success or Customer Care department!
How to Create Your Own Customer Success Channel
- Sign up for a free trial or log in to your existing account.
- Add your Customer Success team as Users. You can add them manually, but if you plan to use the Salesforce integration to update Metrics automatically, add the users there instead.
- Create a Team called “CSM Team” and add the appropriate users to that team.
Again, if you’re using the Salesforce integration, manage the CSM Team membership there instead.
- Define some Metrics under Configuration > Metrics > Add.
- If you plan to use an integration to automate Metric updates, just enter a name and type for each Metric you add; no need to populate values yet. If you know a few of the values off the top of your head, feel free to populate them manually. Here are some suggested Customer Success metrics to track:
Metric Name Type Decimals Customer Meetings Number 0 Renewable $ This Month Currency
$ Renewed This Month Currency 0 Gross Revenue Retention Percent 0 Upsell Revenue MTD Currency 0 Net Revenue Retention Percent 0 NPS Number 0 # At-Risk Accounts Number 0
If you don’t want to use Google Sheets to sync certain metric values into Hoopla, you can update those Metrics manually under Configuration > Metrics > (edit each Metric).
|Type||Name||Metric 1||Metric 2||Metric 3||Members||Watchers|
|Player||Customer Meeting Madness||Customer Meetings||--||--||CSM Team||admin|
|Player||Renewal Royalty||$ Renewed MTD||Renewable $ This Month||--||CSM Team||admin|
|Player||Top Upsellers This Month||Upsell Revenue MTD||--||--||CSM Team||admin|
|Player||CSM Overview||$ Renewed MTD||Upsell Revenue MTD||Net Revenue Retention||CSM Team||admin|
|Name||Metric||Value Type||Trigger Criteria||Default Message||Players||Watchers|
|Goal Retention Rate||Gross Revenue Retention||Team||Greater or equal to (your target rate)||We hit our retention goal! Nice job keeping customers happy!||CSMTeam||admin|
- Configure a Streaming Newsflash that triggers when a Renewal Opportunity is saved with Stage = Closed Won
- Set up a Data Table that shows a list of the top ten at-risk accounts, sorted by health score
- Name: Customer Success Announcement
- Title on TV: From the CSM Team
- Enabled Users: CSM Team
- Watchers: all
Use our suggested Lineup as a template:
Within the Newsflashes sub-tab, you should see your “Customer Success Announcement” Quickfire Newsflash, along with your Team Metric Newsflash “Goal Retention Rate”. Click and drag them into the middle column to add them to your Channel, and configure the details in the rightmost column.
If you created a Salesforce Streaming Newsflash to celebrate closed-won renewals, add that too!
Here are some suggested sources to try:
- Twitter Feed - enter your company’s Twitter handle (e.g., @hooplasoftware)
- RSS Feed - CS News - https://news.google.com/news?cf=all&hl=en&pz=1&ned=us&q=Customer+Success&output=rss
You will need a dedicated device attached to each TV that will display a Hoopla Channel. Check out our hardware requirements before purchasing devices.
- TV Display Activation - Hoopla TV Activation gives Hoopla Admins the ability to control Hoopla TV Channels remotely, with the click of a button. This process will also provide security for your Hoopla TV Channels and enable authorized devices - determined by the Admin - to play/view a Hoopla TV Channel.
- Slack Integration - post announcements to Hoopla TV and update Metric values from within Slack!
- Zapier Integration - connect with hundreds of other internet apps to update Hoopla Metrics or trigger Newsflashes.
- Add an Activity Recap step to your Channel once you have several Newsflashes triggered (found in Config > Channels > (edit Channel) > Extras). This will highlight recently-triggered Newsflashes, in case they were missed on TV.
Example Customer Success Use Cases
- 💰 Fire Newsflashes when renewal or upsell opportunities close in Salesforce
- 👀 Bring visibility to key metrics for the Customer Success team
- 📈 Show average adoption and health scores for your customers
- 📣 Make on-the-fly announcements to the company or just your team using Slack or Quickfire
- 📌 Remind the CSM team to focus on at-risk accounts
- 👍 Give kudos and public recognition to CSMs for going above & beyond for a customer
- 📅 Countdown to the next big customer onsite visit
- 🎉 Showcase positive feedback & reviews from customers