As a manager, you may want to infuse your team with some extra motivation for a short period of time. One of the best ways to do that is with some friendly competition! If you have admin permissions in Hoopla, you have the ability to initiate one-on-one challenges between Players and Teams, based on your existing Leaderboard configurations. Here's how!
How to Initiate a Faceoff
- In the admin panel, go to Configuration > Leaderboards.
- Decide which Leaderboard should "host" the Faceoff. The Faceoff score will be calculated based on the primary ranking Metric of the Leaderboard you choose.
- In the Leaderboard list view, hover over your desired Leaderboard, and click the Initiate Faceoff button.
- If you picked a Player Leaderboard, your Faceoff will involve two individual Players.
- If you picked a Team Leaderboard, your Faceoff will involve two Teams competing head-to-head.
- Select the participants for this Faceoff.
- Select the duration of the Faceoff.
Optionally, you can delay the start date and time by checking the box and specifying a start time.
- Write a message to the participants. This will appear when the Faceoff is announced.
- If you are not already added as a Watcher for the Leaderboard, you will see an additional setting. Check the box labeled "Add myself as a watcher..." if you would like to monitor Faceoff activity for this Leaderboard.
- Click Initiate when you're done.
- If this Leaderboard is part of your Channel Lineup, you'll see the Faceoff announcement on TV!
- Participants will receive an email, notifying them of the new Faceoff.
What Faceoff events are shown on TV?
If the host Leaderboard is included in your Channel Lineup, the following Faceoff events will be broadcast on that Channel:
- Faceoff initiated by the admin
- Faceoff complete - the winner will be announced, along with the final score.
What Faceoff events are posted in the Activity Tab?
Other Leaderboard Members
How does scoring work?
- Faceoff scoring:
- The primary Metric on the Leaderboard on which you based your Faceoff will be used to calculate the score.
- Scores starts at 0-0 and increment each time a participant improves their value for the Metric during the Faceoff.
- A Player's/Team's total points at the end of the Faceoff will be the net difference between their score at the beginning and their score at the end.
- If the score is tied at the end of the original Faceoff period, the Faceoff will go into Sudden Death mode.
- The first participant to score the next point will win the Faceoff!