Reusable Segments allow you to centrally manage content intended to be broadcast across multiple channels. A Segment is a set of broadcast-ready steps that can be popped into as many channels as you like. There is no limit to the number of Segments you can configure and they can be used in both the Default & Scheduled Lineups.
Configuring a Segment
- From the Configuration tab, click Channels & Segments.
- Click into the Segments tab.
- Click Add.
- Give your Segment a name.
- Start with the Segments Lineup tab. Your Segment Lineup will be displayed in the order you've specified.
- Select from the available steps in the left-most column, and drag all applicable steps you want in to the Segment Lineup (middle column).
- Configure the display details of each step in the right-most column.
- You can reorder the items in your Lineup at any time. Just click and drag them into position.
- For more information on the different Lineup components, see this article.
Adding a Segment to a Channel
- Go back into the Channels tab.
- Click on the Channel(s) where you wish to see your Segment.
- In the left-most column, click into the Available Segments subtab.
- Drag the applicable segment(s) and drop it into your Default and/or Scheduled lineup.
- If you want to use a Segment in your Scheduled Lineup, you will need to configure the scheduling details in the right-hand column.