The Data Tables tile allows you to show lists of information that are not necessarily related to users. For example, you may want to show a list of last month's "Top 10 Opportunities".
Data Tables can be configured from a Salesforce report, a Google sheet, an Excel Online sheet or simply by uploading a file. Once you click into the Data Tables tile, you will see a list view of all your configured Data Tables, along with a time stamp of the last time your Data Table was updated and where it was updated from. Hover over each one to make edits to each Data Table - Data Tables configured from Salesforce reports, Google Sheets or Excel Online must be edited in their respective integration pages.
How to Configure a Data Table
- Click on the Data Tables tile.
- Click Add button and select an add source
- If you've selected Salesforce, Google or Excel Online as your Data Table source, follow the instructions in the linked articles
- If you would like to add a Data Table via file upload, follow the instructions below.
- Once you click on add via file upload, you will be taken to a new configuration page
- Give your Data Table a name and select a file to upload for the Data Table
- Hoopla will pull data from the first four columns and up to 30 rows of data, excluding the header row.
- Hoopla will use the data in the header row as labels for your Data Table; these are the labels that will appear on your Hoopla TV channel, so be sure to name them appropriately (e.g. Opportunities, Owner, Stage, Amount)
- Once your file has uploaded, you will see a preview of the data that will appear on your Data Table; confirm the information looks accurate before moving on to the next step.
- Finally, click Save.
- Next, add that Data Table to your Channel(s).
- To make edits to file uploaded Data Table, first click on the specific Data Table you wish to edit.
- Next, re-upload the file you've edited or upload a new file; if you're using this Data Table on any of your channels, your channel(s) will reflect the new changes shortly after clicking Save.
How to Add an Data Table to a Channel
- In the Channel configuration page, you will see a Data Table tile as an option in the left-most pane.
- Click and drag the Data Table tile to your Lineup, and select an Data Table from the drop-down menu in the right-most column.
- Configure the step details in the right-most column.
- Number of rows to display
- Column Width, as a percentage of screen width