What are Metric Newsflashes?
Metric Newsflashes help you and your team celebrate important achievements as they happen. For example, you may want to recognize a user for closing $100,000 in new business or for scheduling 50 meetings in a month.
- Each Metric Newsflash must consist of criteria based on a Metric you've defined, and a set of Players, Teams, or Generic Identifiers that can trigger the Newsflash.
- There are two options for how a Player Metric Newsflash is posted:
- When a Metric Newsflash is triggered by an eligible Player, the Player is notified and prompted in her Activity tab to personalize the celebration with a photo and message, then post it.
- Note: She will also receive an email and push notification in the mobile app.
- The personalized Newsflash is then posted to HooplaTV and the Activity tab for other Players and Watchers of the Newsflash to see.
Note: If you're looking to have a Newsflash trigger when certain criteria are met on a single Salesforce object, see our Streaming Newsflash article.
- In the Configuration tab, click Metric Newsflashes.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for your Metric Newsflash.
- Note: This will be displayed to users in the TV and in the Activity tab.
- Example: To recognize users for new revenue, you might select your "Monthly Revenue" Metric.