Use the Email Upload feature to update Metrics in bulk, simply by sending a spreadsheet as an email attachment to a special Hoopla-generated email address.
If you're using a CRM or other database that allows you to schedule a report to be sent as an email attachment, you can use this feature to regularly update Metric values.
How to Configure Email Upload
- If you're an admin, you'll have access to the Uploads tab. Navigate to Uploads, and click on the Email sub-tab.
- Click the Add Email button. This will generate a unique email address to which you can send your exported csv or xls files. You can create a unique email address for each system from which you intend to send reports.
- Give your email address a recognizable name.
For example, if this email address will be used to send reports from SugarCRM, you may want to call it "SugarCRM Reports".
- Click Save.
How to Use Email Upload
- Ensure that your file follows the accepted format, where one column contains Hoopla user email addresses, and the remaining columns contain aggregated Metric values for each user.
Calls Today Calls this Week
74 158 email@example.com 63 166
- Once you have generated a unique Hoopla email address (see section above), you can send emails with csv or xls files as attachments to that address.
Note: tables included inline (i.e., in the email body) are not supported.
- Tip: Some systems allow you to schedule regular email exports of a report. If you can configure this in your system, it's a great way to schedule regular updates to your Hoopla Metrics.
- Any errors with the email upload will appear in the bottom section of the Email Upload page.