Posting a Quickfire Newsflash
Quickfire Newsflashes are a great way to make announcements on the fly in Hoopla. You may type in a message, upload an image or video or do both! Once you enter your message or upload an attachment and click fire, the Newsflash will instantly appear on any channels that it was added to by your admin.
- If you would like to trigger a Quickfire Newsflash you have been added to, you may easily do so in the Quickfire tab.
- In the Quickfire tab in Hoopla, select the Newsflash you would like to post and click Fire... (if you see multiple Newsflashes listed, select the one that is most relevant to the topic you are posting about)
- Type your message or upload an image/video then click Fire.
- If you want to include a link to unfurl in your Newsflash, you must enter the full web address (i.e. https://www...)
- We are not able to unfurl URLs from websites that require logins (i.e. Facebook or Salesforce)
- Link will unfurl after the Newsflash message is displayed on TV
- Image or video attachments must be less than 200MB in size; we accept following file formats:
4. Be sure to watch the tv see your Newsflash go off! Your Newsflash will also appear in the Activity Tab, in case anyone missed it.