The Calendar Event Step is great way to give your employees extra recognition on their birthdays or work anniversaries. Before pulling this step-type into your lineup, you'll need to populate these dates into each of your users' profiles. You can either mass upload the dates into Hoopla via spreadsheet or have your team go into their profile and add the dates themselves.
Populate Birthdays & Anniversaries via file upload
- Before logging into Hoopla, be sure to format your spreadsheet containing the dates
- You must have a column called Email, populated with your Hoopla users' email addresses.
- The remaining columns should contain the appropriate labels: Birthday and Anniversary.
- For Birthdays, the date must be listed by month and then date, e.g 12/19 for December 19th (no need to provide a year, we will not use nor display a year)
- For Anniversaries, the date must be listed by month, then date, then year, e.g. 5/1/2013 for May 1st, 2015. The year is necessary in this case because we will display the number of years each employee is celebrating.
12/19 5/1/2013 email@example.com 04/29 2/15/2012
*Birthdays & Anniversaries are optional fields, so anyone may delete either date in their Profile if they don't want that information displayed on the TV.
Display Birthdays & Anniversaries on the TV
Now that you have populated your Hoopla users' Birthdays & Anniversaries into their Profiles, you can go ahead and add the Calendar Events step to your Channel Lineup.
- Navigate to Channels & TV>Channels, and select the Channel you want to add this step to.
- Scroll down to the Calendar Event step and drag it into your lineup.
- Give the step a name (this appears on the TV as a title)
- Select the Event type, either Birthdays or Anniversaries. If you want to display both, simply drag the step into the lineup twice (one for Birthdays & one for Anniversaries).
- Determine whether you want to display all users or a specific team on your channel.
- Select at Timeframe
- Events Today will display all the events that take place on that day, throughout the day in your lineup
- Events This Week will display all the events that take during that week, throughout the week in your lineup (Week is defined as being Monday through Sunday)
- Events This Month will display all the events that take place that month, throughout the month in your lineup
- We have pre-selected a number of celebratory backgrounds for this step type, but you may upload custom contain or select some other options from our stock library.
* We will only display this step on days, weeks or months that contain a calendar event (if you Birthdays or Anniversaries take place on a certain date, we will simply skip over this step when displaying your channel lineup).
** This is only valid for Hoopla users; if you want to display calendars for other employees, they must be added into Hoopla to be displayed on this step type.